Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: I'm Convinced

  1. #21
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    there are certain aspects of life that would be better if the govt had some control.......such as the refusal to pump poor DNA into the genepool.....the mission should be to better the nation.....and letting these genetic misfires continue to reproduce is a good way to ensure that never happens

    the patriot act is a necessity as it helps to monitor possible terrorist interests that would put us in danger

    i have no problem with that
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    I don't trust the government enough to leave them responsible for any aspect of my life...much less for it to decide who should or shouldn't reproduce. As for the patriot act...if you really think it is necessary, see the quote from my previous post. THAT is one of the latest instance where the spineless cowardly nature of this generation of americans is most evident.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #23
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    the patriot act is a necessary evil in todays world
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the patriot act is a necessary evil in todays world
    </div></div>

    bullshit

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. </div></div>
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #25
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: I'm Convinced

    What about we just draw a line of an increase of "freebies" after one kid and a couple are signed up? Same amount of stuff for 2 parents and 1 kid as for 2 parents and 7 kids?

  6. #26
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    Spuds that would be a disservice to those that fertile. We all know we who actually work always get a raise for having more kids.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #27
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about we just draw a line of an increase of "freebies" after one kid and a couple are signed up? Same amount of stuff for 2 parents and 1 kid as for 2 parents and 7 kids? </div></div>
    see thats where the first part about licensing comes in........if you dont have a job and cant afford a kid.....you arent allowed to have one
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    This reminds me of a conversation one of my assistants in B'burg told me about a few years back.
    She was on the BT sitting in a seat in front of two ladies. She heard one proclaim to the other "I've got to find me a man and have me another baby - my check's about to run out"

    A current co-worker has a relative that has a child less than 6 months old, and the child's mom is pregnant with the 2nd already. She can "afford" it because she has Medicaid and WIC and Food stamps and free housing from her family, and the baby's dad lives with them - they just don't report that he does.

    The population of the earth by the least intelligent and least capable is state-sanctioned.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    Yesterday I was looking up statistics for the average dollar amounts given to welfare recipients adjusted for inflation. In 1970, the average monthly benefit per family was close to $700 adjusted for inflation. In 2000 it was $450 adjusted for inflation. So, the argument that people have more kids to increase the handout is not viable...and if I'm not mistaken, benefits are capped at 2 children now anyways...anything over that doesn't increase the check.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #30
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm Convinced

    Look at what we're working with here though.
    Anyone that wants a free handout of any amount.

    The services a family can receive include:
    Food Stamps (which DO increase with the number of kids - can be hundreds of dollars each month)
    Medicaid (which each kid and sometimes parent can get)
    WIC (applicable to the number of kids under 5)
    HUD / Section 8
    FAMIS
    TANF
    Free childcare (for those who work at least a little)
    etc.

    That all adds up, especially when you tack on the cash payments.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •